Card Safety Guidelines
Card payments are one of the most used and safest way to pay for goods and services. That’s why it is equally important to always protect your card – even if you have your card safely in your possession it could still be used fraudulently.
If you see a transaction that you don’t recognise then call the MYCU Card Services team on 01 511 94 94 or contact your Credit Union
- Keep your card in a safe place at all times. Do not leave it lying around. Report it to your Credit Union or MYCU Card Services team immediately if it is lost or stolen.
- Keep your PIN safe. Do not write it down, keep it with your card or give it to anyone.
- If you are expecting a card or a PIN in the post and it does not arrive, notify your card issuer immediately.
- Sign any new cards as soon as they arrive from your Credit Union. Ensure that you cut up the old cards as soon as the new ones become valid.
- Cover your PIN when making in-store purchases or using an ATM. Use your free hand or your wallet to shield the PIN pad as you enter it.
- Keep your card in sight when paying for goods or services. If the till is not nearby, go with the staff member to make the payment.
- Retain receipts to reconcile them against your card or Credit Union statement. Check your account regularly and report any suspicious or unrecognised transactions immediately.
- Remember, if you do not protect your payment card or PIN, or if you give them to someone else, you may be held liable for any unauthorised transactions.
Remember, your Credit Union or the MYCU Card Services team will never ask you for any account details such as your User ID, Card PIN, online PIN or any mobile PIN over the phone